Become a member
The J.S. Bach Foundation is financed in full by private donations. The Foundation itself carries roughly two thirds of the direct concert costs; the remainder is covered by ticket sales. The Foundation also covers the fixed costs of the foundation's overall activities, pre-finances the sound and image recordings of the introductory workshops and concerts, and provides the funds for editing and printing the Bach Anthology.
In order to guarantee the long-term financing of the Foundation and ensure that it can maintain its high musical standards, the Foundation is dependent on contributions from external organisations and the public. You can support us by becoming a member and receive the following benefits in return:
Friends (CHF 100.– per year)
- have the option of purchasing new releases at subscription prices for a limited period after publication
Patrons (CHF 300.– per year)
- receive additional complimentary vouchers when purchasing a subscription for introductory workshops and concerts
- may make seat reservations up to half a year in advance
- also have the option of purchasing new releases at subscription prices for a limited period after publication
Benefactors (from CHF 10,000.–)
- assume full or partial financing of a particular project such as a concert evening, appearance fees for a special guest, production of a publication, special concerts etc.
- benefactors receive special benefits related to the event that they support
- always have the option of making seat reservations half a year in advance
Foundation Fellows (from CHF 100,000.–)
- support the overall activities of the foundation or assume the costs of a large project (e.g. Magnificat or St Matthew Passion)
- receive free entry tickets including seat reservations for all events
- receive a complementary, complete set of the foundation's DVDs, CDs and Bach Anthology publications
Membership costs are considered donations by the tax authorities and we are happy to provide a donation receipt for your records.