The J. S. Bach Foundation's monthly concerts begin with an introductory workshop followed by the actual concert. Only a single cantata is performed on a given evening – but, for that, concertgoers have the enjoyment of hearing it twice. Between the two performances, a reflection lecture on the text of the evening's cantata is held. In these lectures, notable personalities from various spheres of society explore the baroque text of the cantata from a modern perspective and from their own, personal point of view. The insight gained from the lecture lends a new and immediate dimension to the second performance.
- Introduction to the concert by Rudolf Lutz and Karl Graf at the Evangelische Kirche in Trogen
- Snacks for workshop attendees at the restaurant Krone in Trogen
7:00pm: Concert with reflection lecture
- First performance of the evening's cantata at the Evangelische Kirche in Trogen
- Reflection lecture on the cantata's text
- Second performance of the cantata